Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Shaving Foam

Hi everyone :o

I have seen a lot of recommendations to use shaving foam in sensory activities and just wondered how safe it is to use.

I know that the younger children will want to explore this by putting it in their mouths and i dont want to stop them doing that, would prefer not to do it at all rather than to stop them.

Anyones thoughts and comments would be very much appreciated. xD

I have used shaving foam in the past and it is lovely stuff for the children to explore although I do echo your concerns regarding younger children experimenting with their mouths. I always try to discourage the children from doing this, but it inevitably happens and is usually followed by a screwed up face! Sometimes the children need to try these things to be able to learn from them.

The other thing that you should watch out for, especially among the younger age group, is the temptation to rub their eyes when their hands are covered in the stuff. It really stings when it happens and the children tend to get very upset.

Hope this helps!

Never had a problem with mouths - but yes I would second the need to watch out for the eyes. For some reason children end up with it all over their faces, then they rub their eyes which makes them sting, then they rub them more to stop the stinging..........

Just have fresh water to hand and a towel or flannel or 2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)