Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cultural Diversity Day

According to Nursery Education Magazine, the 20th May is Cultural Diversity Day and I am hoping to propose to my manager that we do something special at nursery to celebrate. I was thinking along the lines of a holding a day where parents come in to the nursery with their children to celebrate the variety of different cultures but would really like something special to plan for this day.

I've considered cooking and role play activities, but although these are great, I don't think they are going to last an entire day which is what I would like to propose. So really, I am in need of some fantastic activities or events which will involve all parents, children and staff over the course of the day.

I have got some ideas for displays and decorations to use, all of which require children's work so that should keep me busy. I am also aiming to make a book of photographs and captions, as well as children's work to evidence the event, so whatever we choose to plan for that day, needs to be brilliant.

I hope you lovely people out there can help! Thanks in advance!

Hi Clare

What a great idea! The only thing I can think of is a multicultural picnic with each family bringing a food from their particular culture, this would depend on the weather of course but I suppose you could have it inside if necessary!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)