Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Meet Up At Gmex, Manchester?

beth1

Is there anyone who would like to meet up next Saturday 28/4/07 at the GMEX Manchester Early Years Exibtion? :o If so who would like to go and what time would you like to meet any idea? xD I am going to it on the Friday as well for 3 seminars so I could find a suitable place to meet up and post it on here Friday afternoon.

Beth

Sorry, too far for me although I would one day love to meet up with you all 'in real life'! Have a great time all who manage to get there!

I will be there but am attending 4 seminars so time will be very limited. I would suggest that if we do meet it's at the seating area for eating. I will look at the times I have and post here soon.

Linda

Hi guys. I'm hoping to be at the G Mex, thanks for the reminder I'd totally forgotten about it with being off. If I can do enough walking then maybe, if not I'm going to have to give it a miss, do hope I can.

Hi

I am also hoping to be there, that's if i can persuade my boss to pay for some of the seminar's... and if ican actually find the G-mex centre in the first place LOL

Dawn

I'm still hoping I'll be able to come.

What time are people in seminars? I'm not booked on any as there were non appropriate for my school.

Im not booked on any seminars as there wasnt really anything very different to other ones ive been on in other years.

What about Saturday at the lunch tables at say 2pm ish does that fit around seminars?Perhaps we need to one morn and afternoon to suit everybody it will be nice just to say hi have a quick coffee perhaps.

Im not booked on any seminars as there wasnt really anything very different to other ones ive been on in other years.

What about Saturday at the lunch tables at say 2pm ish does that fit around seminars?Perhaps we need to one morn and afternoon to suit everybody it will be nice just to say hi have a quick coffee perhaps.

Suits me, but like I said, I'm not going to any seminars. What about those that are?

I wish I could on the Saturday but doubt that I can make it as hubby is away and Jenny (my ASD daughter) is taken out by her PA at eleven so I have to stay in until then.

Aww, what a shame. How long is your daughter out with them for?

I haven't booked on any seminars either,just realised i lost the leaflet all about it!, im so unorganisedd at present.

For those of you who have been before is it worth going?,

i am only 30 mins (by train) from manchester so its not exactly far but im wondering if its worth attending

Dawn

Nichola - Jenny is out until four.

Dawn- I have been disappointed the last couple of years as I think that it is not as good as it was. If you haven't been to one befroe you might find it good as there a lots of things to see and buy if you can afford it. after a few years it becomes a bit 'samey'. There are not as many stalls as there used to be. The seminars are very good though.

Yes, it does become very samey. I've been going since I moved to manchester in 1998 when I was at uni. There haven't really been any major changes in that time. I went to some seminars not last year but the year before and those same seminars (bar 1) are on again this year. Very good as they were, I don't want to go again! Now I'm in special ed and not FS there are even fewer that apply.

If you could make it for an hour or so that would be great Jacquie, but if not, then no worries.

I have to say I agree with Jacquie and Nichola that it hasn't really changed much over the years-just got smaller I suppose. But we have only ever been to the seminars once, that was last year, and found them very useful. So we are trying some different ones this year.

The other good thing is that many of the exhibitors give discounts if you buy on the day. We need a few bits and pieces so will see what we can get.

I've got a half hour break inbetween each seminar, so could meet up at about 11.15, 12.45, 2.15 or 3.45.

Linda

Hi

2ish sounds fine with me too. xD Gives me a lie in the morning then I'll come at lunch time. My semiars are on Friday so I will be fine. Hang on what do you think of 2.15pm so we can meet Linda? :o

Beth

I'm going too and have a seminar at 11.45 (I think) If I'm still around at 2.15, I'd like to meet up with those that are there.

If you click here and then 'floor plan' you can see that the catering area is near the seminar rooms.

Are we all going to wear white carnations :o or just chance that we'll recognise each other a a group of lost looking square-eyed forum inhabitants xD

Looking forward to it...

Well I know what Linda looks like, having met her before and my photo is on my usepic, but here is a better one of me:

462822505_85f3d19b5b_m.jpg

Edited by Nichola

Are we all going to wear white carnations :o or just chance that we'll recognise each other a a group of lost looking square-eyed forum inhabitants xD

Looking forward to it...

:(:(:( :wacko: Love it can see square eyed people walking around. xD

Beth

Hi

I have just come back from this today :o , 3 seminars all were very good especally experimental play with Alice Sharp, so if you get chance to visit tommorow I would recommend attnending this one if you have time and theres tickets left. xD Thanks to the person who recommended attending an Alice Sharp seminar, very much appricatted. :( I didn't get much time to look around in between seminars, athough I have bought some things already the new early years foundation stage posters from feathersone education and a couple of books. :(

I will be going on Saturday and I think it is going to be very busy at the cafe, I reccommed taking a packed lunch. I hope we get some seats for the ones who are attending the meet up tommorow. Oh I will be wearing a navy t-shirt with an american flag that states 'celebrate indepenance 2006' on it.

Beth

Glad you enjoyed today Beth, always good when you see good seminars. I'm hoping we can get somewhere to sit, else I'll have to go home as I can't stand up for too long at the moment! I'll probably be wearing one of my little miss t-shirts that are rather glittery, so hopefully I'll stand out. Apologies if I don't make it however, as I've had some off days recently where I've woken up in pain. Hoping I don't get one of those tomorrow.

Jacquie, sorry you wont be able to make it, maybe another time!