Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Jobshare

Hi

I am currently in my second year of jobsharing a year 1 class with my partner. (Me Mon/Tues/Wed and her Thurs/Fri)

It runs smoothly - I take planning responsibility for Literacy and her for Numeracy which we each plan for the whole week to ensure a good flow and then as far as the other subjects go we each plan our own subjects according to the days we are in and the timetabled subjects for those days (hope that makes sense?!)

From September we will be moving to Reception...

I taught Reception for 5 years before having time out to have my daughter but it was full time and my jobshare partner will be new to the foundation stage.

I am trying to get my head around ways of splitting the planning as the subjects and lessons are not so defined in FS.

Are there any fellow jobsharers out there who can offer any pearls of wisdom?

Sorry if this was a bit long winded - thanks for reading!

I havent tried it although not for not wanting< but why cant you do a similar thing?

You do still need to deliver literacy and numeracy even if not in the same way and the other areas could be easily split? Alternatively spend time together doing the planning and share the preparation? Dont you get any PPA together, would that be possible?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I am currently in my second year of jobsharing a year 1 class with my partner. (Me Mon/Tues/Wed and her Thurs/Fri)

It runs smoothly - I take planning responsibility for Literacy and her for Numeracy which we each plan for the whole week to ensure a good flow and then as far as the other subjects go we each plan our own subjects according to the days we are in and the timetabled subjects for those days (hope that makes sense?!)

From September we will be moving to Reception...

I taught Reception for 5 years before having time out to have my daughter but it was full time and my jobshare partner will be new to the foundation stage.

I am trying to get my head around ways of splitting the planning as the subjects and lessons are not so defined in FS.

Are there any fellow jobsharers out there who can offer any pearls of wisdom?

Sorry if this was a bit long winded - thanks for reading!

Hi. I have just begun a Reception job share this term. It is for maternity cover and both myself and my collegue are new to teaching reception. We do plan together and meet nearly every day! It helps because her children are at the same school so she'll often pop in. I work M/T/W and she doea the other two. Also we'll do supply in rest of school so we get to see each other more. I get one morning per two weeks for PPA. and she gets one per 3 weeks so we meet every other week. We use email, phone and text too. So far so good. We seem very much on the same wave length, both work too hard and both happy to share etc. I feel very happy in the post. We plan the topic with the nursery teacher for the half term then get the detail in each week. I am willing to answer any further questions if you have any.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)