Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wedding Invitations

:) Hi there, I don't think I mentioned yet that I am getting married in December.

Our guest list is growing and growing but where do you draw the line? I feel really lucky to have so many really good family and friends, I would hate to offend anyone but equally it is our day and I don't want to feel overwhelmed. I would be grateful for any advice :)

Congratulations!

This is a really hard one! When we got married (2years ago) we decided on having a small morning wedding and invited all close family and friends to lunch at my parent's house. This was lovely.

We then invited everyone else to a late afternoon-evening pig roast and barn dance.

We found that most of the older members of the family just came to lunch!

We did decide that we would only invite family who we kept in contact with and saw regularly. So hard!

Hope it all goes well. The planning is such great fun. :D

I had a really old-fashioned early afternoon wedding, Reception and folks drifting away (including us!!) by 8-ish .1973.

Daughter had the full thing - 1.00 pm wedding, photos etc till about 2.00 - (how??)

Reception, Wedding Breakfast, speeches etc...... (2001) Later, friends etc.., evening do - it was great!! Even though the bills kept dropping in for weeks ! :o Whole thing finished about midnight-ish...

But what lovely memories :D

Sue

Congratulation fairynough :D

I got married in a small chapel ( located nearly next door to our house), because of the size tis helped us limit the number of invites without offending anyone.

Closest family and friends to the wedding and reception then anyone that knew us to the evening disco.

It is difficult but keep in mind it is YOUR day, you can always send out DVD's of the service to those you were unable to invite :D

Peggy

:) Thanks everyone for your replies.

We have hired a really lovely 200 year old Barn and are able to do the whole thing there.

The actual ceremony is at 3pm so we have decided to have 'high tea' and then a party in the evening. We are having closest family and friends for the ceremony/high tea and then everyone else later on. :)