Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birthday Ideas For 2-3year Olds

Hi everyone -hope you all had a lovely Easter.

I have lots of birthdays next term and would love some ideas of how to celebrate with our children.

Also, as we have got very limited wall space does anyone have any ideas for birthday displays .

Thanks a lot!

Sunshine

This year we have a birthday cake display with 12 segments that go round like a clock face through the months of the year. The children's photographs are displayed on the relevant section. Last year we had a birthday bus with a window for each month instead running top left to bottom right. The children helped to paint these themselves. :)

I've got an A4 calendar with birthdays written in and a photo of each child round the outside (sat inside a balloon) linked to the relevant written entry with ribbon - it's on a small noticeboard and looks quite good... I think so anyway!

For parties we play lots of musical games, have a pretend cake, hats, all friends make and give a card (child makes one to self so as not to feel left out), balloons, bubbles etc

Sarahx :)

We are lucky because one of staff members is great at drawing. She drew a large duck wearing wellies and holding an umbrella above it's head, which we got the children to collage with feathers, paint, shiny papers, etc. We than cut out rain drops in different tones of blue, and wrote each child's and staffs name and birthday on one. The duch takes pride of place in the centre of the board and the raindrops placed around it. To complete the display we have written "Quacky Birthday".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)