Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Targeting And Monitoring Please

I am due to start my new job Monday. I am really looking forward to it. Have done loads of preparation work, collated masses of budgets for nursery/staffing/equipment resources etc but the one thing I am struggling with is for how does your LEA apportion funding. I am trying to build in some costings for this but as yet I cannot find anything anywhere.

The only thing I can find is the stuff from the National Audit office which talks about what LEA's don't do i.e. they don;t know what their costs for running the services attached to the CC. In fact the report goes on to say that they are reliant on the services telling them what the costs are which is fine up to a point but really the whole situation iseems a bit bizarre. I have seen figures based on numbers of children u5 liviging in the ward couple with a formual funding for the multiple index deprivation figures plus a base amount for each centre. I recognise that each area has different issues but there are certain things that could be budgetted for e.g. health visitors, speech therapists etc are presumably on recognised scales and therefore it should be a simple matter of allocating their costs and hours (dependent on the community needs). It all seems so confusing - any suggestions as I don't want to reinvent the wheel but it would be good to know what the costings are for those of you already working within CC's or on what basis funding is allocated and more to the point is it sufficient?

Nikki

I work in a nursery attached to a children's centre, but our budget is based on our fee income - so if we don't pull in the fees, we can't spend.

I can't help you with the Children's Centre side of things tho. Maybe you could ring up a couple of manager's. I could pm you some contacts if you like?

Thanks Shelley, can I be really cheeky and ask you do you have the same fees for everyone or is there a scale you use dependent on circumstances and also can I ask what fees do you charge for full day - 0-2 year olds and 203 year olds and what are your half day prices. I have used an average at of £175 at this stage for my initial budget as it seemed like a good figure at the time.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)