Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq4 For Managers (and Links)

Hi everybody!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me, does anyone know of an NVQ4 just for Nursery Managers? As I have to look for one as the department I work for wants to go down the route of pure managment, I said that if I could find an alternative I could use that. Also, has anybody out there got an links for Anti-discriminatory and Anit-bias practises in the Early Years. Any information would be of help!!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Mella :D

Hi Mella

There is an NVQ level 4 which is for people who are in junior or middle management. They would be somebody who is responsible for staff, large areas of work, the allocation of resources and planning and budgeting. This sounds like a purely managerial course for any job to me. I don't know if this is what you are looking for? Or was it specifically for nurseries/

Linda

Hi Mella

There is an NVQ level 4 in Early Years Care and Education, it has been running since Nov 2001. The qualification is aimed at managers within an early years setting. You can find an information sheet relating to this qualification on the CACHE website. www.cache.org.uk.

Hope this helps.

Sandra sm

An alternative is the Advance Diploma in Child Care and Education (CACHE) which can be done part time or distant learning and is an assignment based course, for professional development and is a level 4 qualification!

www.cache.org.uk

Worth considering, perhaps.....

Hi Puddleducks,

I already have the Advanced Diploma in Childcare and Education as well as my NNEB and various other qualifications but am being asked to do management level 4. I thought there might be a course concentrating on Nursery Management in the Early Years (at least I had my fingers crossed there might be!).

Thanks, Mella

• 1 month later...

Hello Mella 12, I just found your link,

There is a NVQ 4 in Early years care and Education (EYCE). It is for people working at senior level with children or children and their families. It consists of three strands to choose from: Advanced Practice; Enhancing Quality and Quality control; Management. It requires a major self-reflective study as evidence directly by the awarding body (CACHE).

If you look up the CACHE website www.cache.org.uk, then click Qualifications, then NVQ'S, scroll down (Think it's 2 down) and click on where it says the name of the course and click on download pdg info sheet. This will give you all the info you need. You can also search on this site as to where the nearest college you can study this course. However, do check with the college first as I have had problems. 2 of the colleges listed with them were not running this course. So have had to chose another similar course, however it's called a CACHE Level 3 Certificate of Professional Development in work with Children and Young People (CPD) This info is contained within the VRQ Qualification (above the NVQ's)

Anyway enough of my ramblings for now. I wish you the best of luck with it and hope this info has been of help. I'm so glad to be able to offer some advice as all I've been doing is asking for help. :)

Angie

That's really nice of you, Angie, and it's pretty much what this site is all about :D Many people join, spend several weeks/months reading stuff and maybe asking advice on one or two points, then jump in with some help of their own. Many thanks for your first jump :o

Hiya Steve,

Well! You're more to the point than my long winded speel. How do you do that? Create a shortcut that is.

Curious Angie :o

:D

It's quite simple really Angie - if you go to the page you want to refer to, then select and copy the address from the address bar.

Then go to the post you want to make. Above the bit where you enter the text there is a little button that says http://.

If you click that you'll get another box that opens up. paste your link into their. Another box opens up. Paste the text you want to be the link (eg. 'Here's a link...').

And that's it. It's much easier to do than the explanation which makes it sound a bit long winded...

Indeed :o Steve

Perhaps I'll give it a try when the brain is engaged. It's the weekend after all and the fab weathers melting the brain cells :)

Angie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)