Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outcomes Link

How does everyone link their policies and procedures and operational plan to the 5 outcomes?

Do you think we will all need to revamp with EYFS?

I find this all confusing as trying to do new operational plan as part of degree, having to undertake accreditation through NDNA and LEA want us to prepare for Foundations For Quality.

I feel I am getting buried under paperwork and going round in circles and just duplicating work in different formats. Is it just me? Or am I making too much of it. Tell me it is not just me and how you have sorted it

You will find some SEF formats in the Resource library here

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...s&showcat=6

which may be of use, they indicate links to the National Standards.

There has also been previous discussions on linking SEF, 5 Outcomes etc so maybe try a search. I do recall that someone devised an Operational Plan index which incorporated the 5 outcomes.

Good luck with your degree, and no you are not alone in feeling like you are going around in circles. I think we all feel 'information overload' at times :o

Peggy

Hi Sheila

Firstly I have deleted your duplicate post to avoid confusion.

Secondly, I feel that we need to hold fire regarding the new EYFS. We all really need to see the format properly and get some training under our belts before making any changes. So, while I can understand you have a dilemma with your degree and accreditation etc. you have to explain to tutors that until you know what the new documentation is going to be like before you implement any changes.

A lot of poeple have changed their links to the outcomes and if you do a search you should find some earlier discussions.

And you are not alone in the paper mountain problem-I think we are all in the same boat here.

Linda

Hi Sheila

I revamped our OP last Easter linking to the 5 outcomes (in fact we now have five separate files making up our OP). Did you find the information you required by doing a search? If not, I have it on my other computer so just let me know.

Guest Wolfie

Somewhere....and I think it might have been on the Ofsted website.....there was a chart that helped me reorganise our OP under the five outcomes - it lisetd which policies and procedures should come under which heading and also other types of evidence that you should have ready to show inspectors.

If you can't find it, I'll pull it out when I'm back next week and try and attach it - it WAS very useful to me!

I you go on to this website www.devon.gov.uk/docbank there is a useful guidance to creating an operational plan.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question re Operational Plan- does everyone have a hard copy to show OFSTED which contains all their p&p etc. or is all the information just kept in one folder on computer (as ours is at present) ? Of course we have a hard copy of all our P&P's on file.

I understand the reason for having an operational plan (yes there is one :o apart from keeping us all up to our armpits in paperwork) is so that anybody could walk into your setting and run it using your file so I would think a hard copy would be required.

Also it should be accessible to all staff, are all your staff computer literate? I know ours are not. Parents/committee should also be able to access it, again not everyone is computer literate.

Ours includes copies of the electrician's report, the fire extinguisher servicing etc which are hard copies. Actually I have separated them into 5 files (the five outcomes) as they are easier to handle.

Edited by Deb

Thank you Deb for your info on this. I knew I had to sort mine out.It took me all of yesterday but without your help it would have taken me much longer. Just one question though. Do you allow parents to see staff appraisals and minutes of staff meetings?

Hi

We have a separate locked cabinet (chairperson has the key) for staff files including appraisals which should be kept confidential.

As for minutes of staff meeting, think I would have them seperate as well but that's just me.

Oh the joys of paperwork!

Guest Wolfie

I would never allow parents to see staff appraisals - they are part of a member of staff's confidential terms and conditions of employment and have nothing to do with the parents. It would be like allowing customers to see staff appraisals for members of staff in a shop that they use?!?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)