Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Targets Or Next Steps?

Do the children in your Reception classes have group targets for MD or CLL?

Are they displayed in the classroom and shared with children and parents?

We've just had OFSTED who want group targets and the very next day I went to an EY moderation meeting and the EY advisor shouted me down for my class having targets.

Any views on this one?

Views on this vary, but at my school we are on the ISP prog so the rec children have targets for reading , writing and maths, this is the same through school.

we have just given ours targets it came from pressure from the rest of the school so we contacted our EY advisor who said there was no reason why we couldnt have them. we devised them with her based on the stepping stones and ELGs and had all children will ... most children will... and some children will...

i shared these with my parents and copy went home, i think i will display mine not for the children to read ( as they cant) but as a promt for myself and TAs to look at and work towards and draw children's attention to when doing group work.

would love to hear others opinions too

Our targets are shared with parents, a note was sent out with their childs targets on and ideas on how they can help their child with their target at home. In the classroom we have a display with the targets displayed. It is a bit difficult to explain but the writing target is a cloud and each child has their own hot air balloon, each time the child makes progress towards their target they can with the help of an adult move their balloon towards the target. As a school we celebrate when the children achieve their targets.

These are all very silimilar to ours. The children love to move their names towards targets and celebrate when they have been achieved.

Thanks I just wanted to know if other people did the same as us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)