Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Five Senses

Can anyone inspire me???

During our topic of the senses we will be having a taste testing week. The children aged two and half to rising five will taste different things daily.

Aparantly our tongue picks up bitter, sweet, sour and salty so if anyone can give me some ideas along these lines. They also need to fall into our healthy eating policy.

Obviously no nuts. No celery and need to be veggie.

HELP :o

We did platters of fruit. Started with unpeeled and unchopped so children could see the fruit in their natural form. We then had photo canistres with holes punched in them and cottonwool balls doused in various flavourings for the children to smell ( lemon, pineapple, strawberry etc.). Then we encouraged the children to try as many different fruits as we could ( make sure you have a camera ready for any lemon tasters!)and finally they made fruit kebabs from the fruit they enjoyed most. We had a child who we knew reacted to strawberries so when it was her turn we had a platter that we knew had not been touched by strawberries ready for her. Have fun

Karrie

Thanks Karrie that helps.

p.s. How do you get the picture on the side of the screen. I find this sight really hard to navigate!

If you click on My Controls (which is first on the left of the blue navigation bar at the top of the page), then scroll down and click on Edit Avatar settings you can choose a preloaded image from one of the galleries or select of of your own that's saved on your computer.

Hope that helps.

Karrie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)