Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pond/ Frog Books

Hi,

Doing ponds/ frogs as a short topic next term.

Can anyone think of a good book/ books which would fit with this topic?

Thanks for your help

I've recently bought a delightful board book: 'Five Speckled Frogs' it has a noise button labelled croak croak :o It contains a poem about the four frogs jumping off the log. Could be used as a supplement to the five speckled frogs song. It's published by Little Tiger Press. www.littletigerpress.com and retails at £5.99 ISBN 978-1-84506-396-2

Have fun!

AOB

tadpoles promise is a fave with my children also if you look on insect lore website they have some great books on frogs

Guest Wolfie

If you need any non-fiction, I remember that Dorling Kindersley do a very good book going through the life-cycle - part of the See How it Grows series I think.

A bit off the theme I know but there's always The Pig in The Pond for a bit of fun!

Our children love it when we turn the tuff spot into a pond with lots of pebbles and weed!

Edited by Wolfie

The Big Wide Mouthed Frog is much loved by our children, a slightly different version is The Wide Mouthed Frog pop up book and also The Icky Sticky Frog. Sorry I can't remember the authors but I did buy them all from Amazon a while ago.

Karrie

Guest HelenW

I am doing this topic too, we are using books called growing frogs, teeny weeny tadpole and an usborne books non fiction book on the frog lifecycle. We have put on our table with the tadpoles on a life cycle puzzle and some frogs I downloaded free from sparkle box, with numbers 1-10 on them so they can be sequenced. Its a great topic, the children love it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing froggy things at the moment in Reception and I read a book called "Froggy gets dressed" to the children. ( by Jonathan London) I didn't know it before hand but it has turned out to be a real favourite with the children.. they think it is hilarious!! We have read it twice just today!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)