Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Draft Report Can We See It?

Are staff allowed to see the draft report. Our schools draft report has been in school since tues and our head has said we are not allowed to see it we have to wait for the final version. other members of staff are sure that in the past they have always been allowed to see the draft version?

Hi Lola,

I'm not sure what happens elsewhere but our headteacher shared the draft report with us as you have a short period of time to amend anything you may have issue with. One of the terms in our introduction was harsh I think it read "families often suffer hardship" based on a high proportion of single parents and unemployed. Ofsted refused to alter the term but we did try at least. I think its something that should be shared and as long as it remains confidential, I think it's unfair to keep staff waiting.

I'm sure it will be alright though.

Michaela:)

Hi Lola, our head shared our draft report with us for the very reason that has been mentioned and our final report is out, although it is still to go out to parents presumably next week. Altogether approx 2 weeks after leaving us.

I think there is a 24 or 48 hr response period to the draft report and although you can challenge judgements you can challenge factual inaccuracies. The final report was also changed slightly from the draft but terminology mostly.

If your head is refusing to share that I suppose must be up to them and if it has been out since Tuesday anyway there isnt a lot of point in fussing as the final version will be out soon although it would suggest that he/she is challenging something?

Did you not get any verbal feedback either, although that is confidential until the report is published?

When we were inspected in Nov our head photocopied a copy of the draft report for all teachers and TAs however he did make a big point of it being confidential and not leaving it lying around etc.