Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

P.e. Taught By The Physically Challenged

Help!

I have to start teaching P.E. to a very boisterous reception class after Easter.

Where do I start?

Any suggestions?

Leila

When we first take our youngest children (N & R) to PE we do lots of activities whilst arranged in a circle - I find this formation is great as you have a clear view of everyone. We always start with lots of action rhymes.

The non-slip markers (hand/feet/spot shapes) are really useful for helping children keep to their own space - we do lots of work on the spot to begin with and gradually begin to explore the space around our spot - travelling a little way and returning to it.

Guest Wolfie

Topstart do a nice collection of activity ideas, I'm not sure if you can get hold of the activity cards without having to also buy the equipment though...which is very expensive!

• 1 month later...

Val Sabin does a booklet for pre school children as well as older children. This is full of short, fun activities with aCD to go with it I use it with my roudy bunch!!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)