Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

Please can I have some advice? :o I don't know which section to put it in. xD

I was thinking about some interviews I have lined up and how to deal with some tricky questions that may come up. One aspect is how to a approch my current working situtation in regards to notice requriements? Also when interviewers ask questions for example can you tell me abit about yourself how I do appoach this? This confused some people in an interview a few days ago, and I didn't look very confident about talking about these roles on the basis both roles are totally different.

Thanks in Advance.

Beth

This is probarly not much help but when I am interviewing for staff I always appreciate concise honest answers for example the typical tell me about yourself do not need a life story a few succulent pieces that sum you up friendly member of .... clubs enjoy spare time and life skills. I recently interviewed someone for a managers post who when asked this question gave her life story which lasted a good 10 mins even though we tried to move on (nightmare) a lot of interviwers have expected responses that they are looking for on the sheet i wll attach a sample of mine to give you an idea if that helps..

Daycare_Senior_Deputy_questions.doc

Looking at these questions I noticed something different from the questions I use, Mine are much more based on real world examples from the candidates, such as being a deputy means that you may have to work under pressure, can you give me an exmaple of when you have worked under pressure before, and how you delt with it. The answer may come back that they have never worked under pressure, and in this case, the answer may develop more into a theoretical one.

Thanks Ninafox they really did help as I got a few of the same questions. It did help me to focus on the questions more instead of um um etc. I was relaxed more but I think working some part of the day help with that bit.

Beth