Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Kindermusik

Has anyone heard of kindermusik group we are trying them out at the nursery but i wondered if anyong had experience of this and if so how have you found it and at £90 per session is it worth it

No I have not heard of kindermusik,

but at £90 they are either very good at music or at marketing.

I have no music training and cannot tell if anyone is singing in or out of tune but we still find our music sesions work well. we spend a lot of time on using instruments following the beat and playing in turn /quickly/slowly/ soft/ loud etc (you know all that usually stuff). The children really enjoy it and after several attempts do get better at following and stopping at the correct time. we always end with a version of hotter/colder using the instruments. One child goes outside (with adult) while another hides instrument in room. the children then guide the returning child to the hidden instrument by making a loud noise with their instruments when child is a long way away (cold) and very quiet when getting closer (warmer) to silent when it is found. (ahh teacher control at the end and all children looking at you to see if they are going to be chosen for next time....)

Wish I was paid anything near £90 for a session

You need to talk to Helen, Jojom.

Im sure it will be a good experience for your children but I have no idea about going rates although the musicians union recommends about £25 an hr for peripetetic music teachers, I think so may not be unreasonable if more than 1 person is involved?

Not sure if it is the same thing! When I was an Au pair I took the children to kindermusik sessions. Expensive but really good fun! Both the children I went with have taken up instruments :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)