Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yet More Interviews......

beth1

Well in the space of around 1 week I now have 3 interviews, one at tea time, one on friday tea time and one next week. :( I am now madly rushing to make up some questions, get changed again as I am wearing normal clothes for a change and then lunch before going to work at 12pm. :(xD

I have decided that job interviews are like buses, you don't see one for ages and then 3 come along at once. :( I hope to get one of these jobs as long as they can accept me attending uni to gain my FDey degree for the next 3 years. I will be mentioning I am training up for EYPs in the comming years. :o:D

I will keep you posted of any developments within these 3 jobs. Oh and I still haven't heard anything from the interview I had 2 weeks ago. Maybe they don't want me.

Beth

Rea I haven't got a clue maybe I am still trying to find the right setting.

Well I went to this first interview and......ummmmm the manager did seem to have a clue how to manage the setting. Plus I also know a couple of people who work there and one of them said don't work here it not nice. I don't know wheather it was a joke or not.

Oh well I will have to do my best for the other ones. I have also seen a few jobs in the local papers tonight: preschool leader 3 morning per week, a range of staff including Manager, Deputy, Senior nursery nurses and nursery workers all at various hours, and nursery nurse no hours speicfied.

Beth

post-5788-1174498262_thumb.jpg

Beth you amaze me with the interviews....you must definitely be the interview queen and we would probably like a model copy of your letter of application!Good luck again

Beth, I'm curious as to what criteria you used to assess the managers ability to manage the setting whilst participating in the interview. Maybe you could give me some pointers because, as a manager I'm interviewing soon and I'd be really interested as to what candidates are assessing me on.

Peggy

Sorry Peggy I should have given more details of how the interview went.

So here goes: I went into the mangers office, then the proceded very strangely to leave the room, I haven't got a clue why but there was another member of staff in there also. Then the telephone went, ok she answered it again left. So then we settled down to the interview, I noticed she wanted to be elsewhere. Oh and then when I asked some excellent questions I got a horrible response of why did you ask those question, who told you to write them blah blah, well I am not answering these questions! Also what is this course you are on and why are you doing it. Well your the manager who as just told me you are ment to be upto date on all courses that are happening at the moment.

Later on I spoke to one of my contacts who noted that this manager does not seem able to run an effient setting if she had to leave the office twice where was the deputy? they said, also she seemed to be saying one thing and comming out the the opposite. Plus also all these interviews I have been having alongside the FDey course has helped me to understand what make an good manager in which all you mangers on this forum are very good at your job so don't worry.

Beth

Sorry Peggy I should have given more details of how the interview went.

So here goes: I went into the mangers office, then the proceded very strangely to leave the room, I haven't got a clue why but there was another member of staff in there also. Then the telephone went, ok she answered it again left. So then we settled down to the interview, I noticed she wanted to be elsewhere. Oh and then when I asked some excellent questions I got a horrible response of why did you ask those question, who told you to write them blah blah, well I am not answering these questions! Also what is this course you are on and why are you doing it. Well your the manager who as just told me you are ment to be upto date on all courses that are happening at the moment.

Later on I spoke to one of my contacts who noted that this manager does not seem able to run an effient setting if she had to leave the office twice where was the deputy? they said, also she seemed to be saying one thing and comming out the the opposite. Plus also all these interviews I have been having alongside the FDey course has helped me to understand what make an good manager in which all you mangers on this forum are very good at your job so don't worry.

Beth

Hi Beth,

I have read your post and feel I have to say that I dont agree with your assessment on what makes a good manager or not and I think it is highly unprofessional to judge this manager based purely on one interview. She may had to leave the room for a variety of reasons, even if a duputy was on duty...she might have needed to attend to something quite urgently etc.

Ofsted are very stringent on inspecting settings and I am sure this manager has had a suitable person interview, which she must have passed to be able to run the setting. I agree that maybe she should have been more knowledgable on the course you are taking, however i dont think it makes her a bad manager because she wasnt aware of the details.

I understand you have discussed this setting with some of your contacts however I have learnt that it is better to form your own opinions on people and settings rather than listen to hearsay. I appreciate you are eager to learn and progress professionally but alongside qualifications goes experience and lots of it. I know lots of early years workers who have nvq 2 but who also have years of hands on practical experience, I am a level four currently running a Pre School and my level 2 who has worked at the Pre School for over ten years has proved invaluable to me, she may not know what the latest courses are but her knowledge of child development and learning are second to none.

I hope I havent offended you in any way as this was not my intention, I wish you well in your interviews and hope you gain the experience to match your qualifications in due course.

Claire x

Thanks Cupcake I didn't think about it in that way that she may be a very busy manager thanks for making me realise this, Thank you. This is the advice I was looking for because I did think this contact was being a little bit odd towards what happened.If fact I have changed my mind about this manager I now think that she must be a very busy person who must have been coping seeing me at last minutue. I think I am little stressed out at the moment and I can't see very clearly.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I am having a very unhappy experince in one of workplaces at present which I hope to sort out soon.

Beth

Edited by beth1

Thanks Cupcake I didn't think about it in that way that she may be a very busy manager thanks for making me realise this, Thank you. This is the advice I was looking for because I did think this contact was being a little bit odd towards what happened.If fact I have changed my mind about this manager I now think that she must be a very busy person who must have been coping seeing me at last minutue. I think I am little stressed out at the moment and I can't see very clearly.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I am having a very unhappy experince in one of workplaces at present which I hope to sort out soon.

Beth

Hi Beth,

You havent offended me at all. It is important to reflect back on things, especially in Early Years and re-evaluate certain aspects etc. I am so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, I will include you in my prayers and hope you get a job you will enjoy soon.

Take care, chin up

Claire x