Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disability Discrimination Act Policy

Deb

I wouldn't necessarily have a separate DDA policy - I would put it in with your inclusion policy to state that you 'have regard' to the DDA and would work within its guidelines to make reasonable adjustments, attend training etc to meet the needs of the children and families of children with additional needs.

I guess others may have some policies that they can post - I'm not at work at the mo' so can't help in that respect!

I think I covered this in my lengthy Equal Opps policy. Will have a check! Who asked you for a DDA policy? Does this mean we will all need one?

No don't worry - have just been successful in obtaining a DDA grant and local council have asked for one. Just wondered if anybody had a specific DDA policy or generally included it in all poliicies.

That sounds interesting Deb. What are you planning to do with the money, if you don't mind me asking! Is this something we should all be applying for!

It's a grant from our local LEA to improve facilities and access with regard to the DDA. We are planning to provide an outward opening door and things like lever taps and soap dispensers.

Whilst on that subject, c an anybody recommend a child friendly wall mounted soap dispenser? Our current one is a push in button which is too dificult for the younger & SEN children to operate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)