Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handa's Suprise

Hi there

has anyone got any literacy ideas for the story 'Handas Suprise. we are having a science week next week linked to red nose day so I thought i would make links by using this text e.g food tasting, looking at different fruits, planting some bulbs etc etc We have done lots of work on making mini books so could do we some inspiring ideas for this text. maybe instructions for making a fruit salad??? but if you have any nice ideas i would love to hear them at this late stage!!!

thanks

Guest Wolfie

Have you done a forum search for Handa's Surprise? I seem to remember a while back that someone found a really good French website with loads of resources for literacy based on that story.

I've found the link! It's on another thread

Here's the link

Edited by Wolfie

We created our own handa's surprise using the sentence structure of the book and different fruit/veg e.g. 'will she like the red rosy apple?'. Then we took photographs of the children taking the fruit/veg that they had described out of a basket on the back of a bike.

Elfy

If you look on ebay there are lots of resources/story packs for lots of popular big books.

I bought a pack for Handas surprise for 99p. I would attach it but not sure if this would get me in trouble.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)