Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Desperate To Work.......

beth1

I am getting very desperate for a job and now I am consdering any age group and anywhere around where I live, Halifax, Bradford and Huddersfield as long as isn't too far to travel, well theres college work to consider. Basicly I am willing to travel just to work as long as they are willing to consider my college day off and it is ok to work there. :o

Theres not much going in jobs at the moment but I have spotted a job in my local paper for an assisant early years practitioner 25 hours per week but for level 2. :D I am willing to take a pay cut just to get back into working again i.e. regular paided hours. Should I apply for it, if so what should I say to them. :D

TIA

Beth

Beth I think you should get the award for the most dedicated and persistant job seeker of the year :D

Apply and ask for an application form, keep information for this rather than have a conversation on the phone. Complete your application in the context of their job description, which you are easily qualified for.

Good luck.

Peggy

I am sorry - what happened?

Its such a post code lottery - we cannot find qualified people for love or money in this area - its such a problem and yet other areas you just cannot get a job

Keep at it you two

Nikki

Beth, is there no chance you can apply to the transformation fund for cover costs once you are back in work? I was allocated £3000 so I could get paid for full time hours, but have one day off a week for college. The money was there to pay me and to allow the nursery to get supply in on the one day off a week. I was unfortunate in that my manager was not willing to claim it for me, hence part of the reason for my job change, but surely you'll be able to apply for something??

Beth, I'd go for it. It's better to be doing something than nothing and if you're doing the FD a level 2 position may well be more suitable with regards to work load. Although I dont know whether you have to be ina L2 or 3 to do the FD, is that something you would need to check maybe?

Hope something turns up for you soon :D

Jessica, sorry to hear about your job. Try to see it as an opportunity to do something different, still in childcare/education but perhaps in a different sector. Good luck with the search :D

church commitee has decided to put up the rent on the hall to a point where it simply is out of the question to keep going. All staff out of a job and parents are trying to find new settings for their children. At the moment things are dreadful, finding it hard to keep smiling :o

Jessica, Is there no question of you all getting another premises, perhaps on a school site? It is such a shame when provisions close, parrticularly if there is demand for them. Good luck to both of you.

I think church halls committee's should take a long hard look at what their decisions mean to the community. If they are so hard up that they need to increase your rent to the extent you cant operate then how hard up are they going to be when you are no longer paying anything to them?

Its an issue my old playgroup often had to deal with, but unfortunatly it's not until you've gone that they might realise what they've lost.

Hope you maage to find your smile again :D

had a meeting with the church commitee today. they were so rude to us, we have never been spoken to like that before and didn't deserve it either.

Even if they had come up with a positive decision none of us would want to stay here now. they have totally changed our willingness to keep going.

It is certainly going to be a great loss to them financially and of course the bad feeling it has caused will take a while to disappear. The parents have been great , the last they want is for us to close.

Pleased to say a lot of the children have found places at various pre-schools in the area already so at least they will be settled soon. we will miss them so much.