Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using Pdf Files

Calling all techies :o I'm trying to help my other half to make a powerpoint presentation and he needs to copy a map into it from a pdf file. I've tried selecting part of it, but it just gives select all as an option. I also thought of trying to save it as another type of file, but it doesn't seem to like that idea either. I'm sure there must be a magic solution, or is it just because it's been saved as read only? A little knowledge is such a dangerous thing! xD

AOB

Hi AOB

If you select print screen on your keyboard you can then open the "paint" program and click "paste" to copy the whole picture. From here you can use the select tool to cut out the bit you want and copy it to your power point.

NB this is really useful when pdf files are "protected" and won't let you use the camera select tool!

(Watch out for copyright, though).

Ive used marions method before :D

ASPK, thanks for that, learn something new every day, I hadn't even noticed the 'print screen' button on my keyboard before :o:)

Will have to find something to try it with later. xD

Peggy

Thank you, you are all wonderful. Saves so much head scratching! :o

Oh lord, just remembered I need a new nit comb. school sent out a dictat just before half term that we all need to nit comb every day for the next two weeks. Not sure my comb's too effective! Hopefully it's just psychosomatic! :D

AOB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)