Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elmer

Hi!

We are about to do a weekly theme based on the story of Elmer so if anyone ouy there has any ideas that they would be willing to share I would be very grateful. :D

Songs

Elmer ther elephant went out to play upon a spiders web one day - act out song

Elmer the elephant packed his trunk

Elmer collage

discuss colour mixing by melting blue ice cubes in yellow water

making elephants using see through plastic - colouring them and putting them in the window

tye dying

rainbows

making ice lollies in different colours

sorting by colour

i love the Elmer stories, how about a camoflauge theme, or dressing up as someone else in the setting, cant remember which Elmer thats from, the one where he paints all the others elephants patchwork and they cant tell who is who, :D

Last year We did Elmer and (I cant remember where I got the idea from but it was a website) the children made 'elmers' with a milk carton, any size will do but the ones with the handles! Cut off the bottom of the bottle, then you have the basic elephant shape with the handle as a trunk!! cut out some big flappy ears and then let the children cover with cut out squares!! A bit adult orientated but hey the kids really loved them!!!

Someone else has done the same because I have just found a picture of one in the gallery!

Edited by Jenni B

Thankyou all very much for your wonderful ideas. They will be a great help especially as I have just come out of hospital after having 5 teeth out and feel sadly lacking in inspiration!!

Thanks once again xxxxxxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)