Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Friday Afternoons Interview........

beth1

I hear you cry have you heard anything yet? xD

YES :D I have heard so heres the story so far:

They are very much interested in me working for a day next week, so I have pointed them in the direction of a work trial as this would be a better working option for a longer period of time. :o The responce given was great they are very much interested and want more information on it. I have pointed them in the direction of a man who does work trials but low and behold neither them or myself cannot get hold of him. :(

If your wondering what a work trial is:

you will find a little information at:

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Custom...rial/index.html

Beth

I now have a horrible feeling this may all go wrong! :o After the hospital this morning I sorted out the work trial but the lady who we need to talk to was in a meeting. :D I rang up this afternoon along with the person at the Jobcentre, now she is out of the office. xD I really want this job! :D Even if it is working with birth to 2 years old. I feel like a new challenge and working with the younger ones at creche has helped me make that destion.

Beth

Yep I got a phone call this evening returning the call I sent this afternoon. :D She is still interested in me but then she asked me why I went to the hosptial yesterday, I explained my hearing imparment to her and see seemed fine about it. :( I ensure that my hearing impairment does not impact too much on working with children and staff, infact I mentioned my past experiences working in childcare. :( I have somewhat persuaded her to ring up about the work trial and then they will be able to see how well I cope with my disabiltiy. xD I may have to meet the pastor of the community church were it is based later in the week but not Friday as I am working this day. :o

Everyone please keep your fingers (not when typing messages) and toes crossed in the hope I get this job I so deserve to have. :D Thanks.

Beth

I have got a horrible feeling they have lost all interest in me. :o She said she would ring up this afternoon about it and she hasn't yet. :( Ohhhh I want to get sorted out for next week. xD I can't even concentrate on my coursework fully and as given up trying to write stuff down. :(:(

Beth

Well I have rung up the man in charge of Work Trials who as told me he as had no phone calls from this person. :( He now thinks since my hosptial appointment on Monday and the telephone conversation last night they may have just lost all interest in me. xD He said he is going to give them a ring in the morning to find out what is happening.

We are now thinking my hearing impairment could be causing a problem if it is I will get them for discrimiation! :o So it still a waiting game i'm afraid.

Thank goodness I haven't got the books I was going to get:

Sally Featherstone's Stages 1/2/3 of litlle baby books development stages and a B23 poster all from Amazon for just over £35.00, think I may get stage 4 later on.

Do you thinks its still worth buying even if I didn't get the job and we changing the way we plan i.e. eyfs?

Beth

Edited by beth1

Well its nearly 6 pm and still no phone call. :o Right I will ring up in the morning say between 10.00 and 11.00am to find out what is going on. If they don't really want me then they can tell me not keeping my hope up for nothing! xD

Beth

Please help I am going stir crazy. :o I did not ring up this morning as planned as I was busy but now I don't know what to do? xD

Should I ring up and see what is going on or just leave it alone and look elsewhere well its there loss in the end. :( Now it makes me wonder why they cannot fill 2 qualified nursery nurses and 2 nursery assistants vacancies. :(

Beth

If you dont ring, you will drive yourself nut just wondering and worrying............................???? Best of luck, something will come along that suits you!

Jx

I'd give them a call Beth, at least then you know where you stand.

Good luck, hopefully they are very busy with admin etc and you are still on their 'to contact' list for later.

Peggy

Thank goodness, I was logging on every five minutes yesterday to see what was happening, (difficult to do when you have to shunt children along to check on the forum!)

well done and all the best of luck to you!!!!!!