Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow

Here in nottingham we only had a smattering of snow - not enough to make a snowman. Really disappointed, all us staff had taken huge changes of clothes in to school.

Best thing was watching a really tough year 5 grab a lump of snow together and hide it behind a bush for playtime AAAh

Wonder whether it lasted.

Jo

What a fantastic day we had yesterday. All Birmingham schools closed, hubby couldn't get into work (he did try the proffesional at the train station then parted these words of wisdom to him "Worcester... Not very likely mate and in all honesty if we do get you there your not getting back". Has Worcester been swallowed by a black hole from which there is no return?) he did wait at the train station for 1.5 hours - bless him! After a day of sledging, snowman building, and snowball fights, we troopsed to nan and grandads for homemade soup and bread rolls.

Days like these are what parenting is all about - my 4 year old son said (in big exclamatory voice) "we don't get snow like this in this country" "Will they have snow in Africa too mommy?"

I know it's so easy to close the schools at the first sight of snow, but instead of being called snow days they should be called family bonding days. I've never seen so many people out in the park (and this is families together) Everyone we saw was in a good mood working and playing together.

Anyway we're off to build in a snowman in our backgarden now. Sam wants to make it as big as the one in The Snowman, he also wants to make the boy - bit worried about my artistry skills!!

post-5000-1171015175_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)