Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2yr And 3 Yr Child Assessments

We have a 2yr and 3 yr child assessment sheet, covering simple tasks such as can catch a ball etc, can speak clearly- They are quite long winded and Ive been looking through some of the childrens files some havent even been completed- the keyworker said she doesnt get time- wondering whether others use this type of assessment?

We don't use these as they can be long winded and very ambiguous, especially if tick box mode.

We may devise one for a group adult directed activity to assist in activity evaluation but not have one for each individual child.

We record interests, knowledge, skills and attitudes as they are observed and match these to the FSC to celebrate achievements and gauge any gaps or areas to extend.

Peggy

I agree with Peggy, that way of observing and recording children's progress and development is so much more positive and celebratory - I always think that tick boxes are too "black and white"...if a box isn't ticked it looks almost negative and doesn't tell you anything about how near a child is to having that box ticked if you see what I mean! :o Notes about ongoing everyday observations tell you so muchmore and celebrate every little step taken. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)