Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Week- Help!

Hello,

Hope that this works! This is all very new to me- this is a newbie posting a messge on a forum :o

As an NQT I need some advice on planning for a book week next week. I would be grateful for opinions and ideas, I could approach book week by focusing on a particular author or by looking at a range of books. I'm not sure which is best and it would be helpful to know if eoither has been successful for you- especially as I am being observed next week!

Thanks for your help

hi and welcome to the forum :D

How about asking the children to bring in their favourite book from home (a note to parents) you could make a picture graph of favourites? Circle time say which is their favourite and why? Retelling their favourite story. Painting a picture for the front cover. I'm sure you will get lots of helpful ideas :D

Hi we have just done story week last week and we had lots of different people coming in to read storys.

We had a policeman , the secretary ( she just loved telling the children a story), the caretaker and some of the grandparents.

We all dressed up on friday as a character from a book and it was really well sopported and the children loved the day. :D

the childrens favourite story of the week was the billy goats gruff and we have put up a lovely display of this story.

hope all goes well :D

Thank you for your replies and help.

In reply to your question I am teaching a reception class.

I think I'll go with looking at a particular author and then look at the childrens favourite authors

Would still be grateful of any further suggestions :D

Hi Katalina and welcome.

If you are having a bookweek, isnt your school suggesting the activities?

Ive made Bookmarks with children in Reception in bookweek. One year we typed our names on the computer and decorated the strips and I laminated then before they went home. You could put tassels on the bottom.

If the children are doing any sort of recorded work remember to refer to them as the authors and illustrators. You could look at some alternative versions of traditional fairy tales and then make books of their own versions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)