Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time Ideas

Hi.

There have been quite a few threads on this subject quite recently too.

You can find some ideas here .

Hope this helps. If you do a forum search there are loads more ideas on circle time.

Thanks clare I put in circle time on the site and only two came up to look at, not the ones that came up from your thread. Thanks again theres some good ideas.

I don't know if this is the kind of activity that you're after but we've spun a spider's web together as a group at circle time and it's great for getting them to work together and think as a group - just use a big ball of black wool, get one child to hold the end and throw the ball to someone else in the circle etc etc until you have a lovely web...and then throw a big plastic fly into the middle to see if it gets tangled in it! Our children love that activity and concentrate really hard in spinning a good web together! Just one idea...... :D

Edited by Wolfie

I've found using a couple of telephones as props works well too. There's a song you can sing -usually make up the tune:

You add children's names at dotted sections

Hey................, I think I hear your name

Hey................., I think I heard it again (repeat child's name)

You're wanted on the telephone

If it isn't......................I'm not at home (child says a friends name)

With a rick-tick-tickety-tick oh yeah,

with a rick -tick-tickety-tick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)