Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wednesday's Interview.......

beth1

I have an interview on Wednesday for a qualified childcare practitioner. :D I though I would pose this question in its own tread. xD

From the letter I have been given says:

On arrival you will be given 2 scenarios based on the Birth to 3 matters and foundation stage curriculum and you will be given 15 mins to prepare your answers. :o:(

So I think it means one senario on each framework/curriculum but this is not clear. xD :rolleyes:

What sort of senarios would be likely to crop up? :( Any ideas anyone? :wacko:

I am soo frightened of this ekkkkk it reminds me of my exam with the exeption of knowing the questions beforehand. :(

TIA

Beth

I have no idea Beth but these things always sound worse than they are. Try not to think about it too much, as I am sure that it will all come naturally.

Good Luck :)

What sort of setting is it?

Perhaps they will say for example:

You have to plan for a group of children aged under 2. How will you use B23M to ensure their needs are met

Beth

From postings I've seen of yours, it'c clear you 'know your stuff'. You have 15 minutes to think of a response, keep calm and think back to good practice you have have experienced - the appropriate 'answer' will come to you.

When we interview staff we set 'scenarios' by questioning and have expected a response straight away..... :o Having read your posting - I've realised this is not fair and will now pose the question in writing, giving 15 mins thinking time.

Although not specifically for BTT or FS curriculum - We posed scenarious such as...." a boy who loves to play with cars does not like to participate in painting activities, how would you encourage him to explore paint". The answer we are looking for is along the lines of "I would provide a shallow tray of paint and encourage the child to run a car in the paint, providing paper for use if wanted" or "I would supply large painters brushes and encourage painting of large vehicles outside" a less appealing response might be "I would cut out a car shape and get the child to paint it"

Good luck, have faith in yourself.

Sam

Right been to interview the senarios were not bad. I though they were great I would recommend doing this type of interviewing as I did really well overall.

The type of questions asked were:

BTT - unsettled child running around what would you do and implications for planning?

FSC - a boy making a playdough dinosaur with the theme of shapes, what would you do next and next step planning?

Will get to know by Friday and I was in the last 4 for shortlisting.

Beth