Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Being Off Sick

Came home from work on Wednesday feeling awful, and have been in bed ever since. It's horrible thinking of all the things at work that I should be doing, and will need to catch up on on next week.

It's been brewing for a while though so I think I've needed these few days in bed.

Just concentrate on getting better - there's some horrible viruses going around at the moment. I think we're the world's worst at thinking we've got to keep going when we're really ill - I was exactly the same as you last week and am still feeling below par, I'm sure I would have got over it earlier if I'd just accepted tha I was ill and gone to bed!!! :o Hope you're back on your feet soon :)

Oh dear Shelley I think I will come and join you. :D I have woken up to a horrided cough and cold. :o I went to an interview this morning and mangaed not to cough and sneeze then whilst walking around the supermaket I had no energy left. I just hope I am well for monday's creche as I am sooo looking forward to it. :)

Get better soon :D

Beth

I do hope you feel better soon!! We have sent children home every day this week!!! There is some form of high temerature and vomiting bug doing the rounds and today a poor child vomited right between my legs!!! mmm nice!! The perks of the job!!!!

Guest MaryEMac

I got a bad cold the week after new year and I still havn't completely shaken it off. This is the first year for 3 years that I havn't had a flu jab and it's the worst cold I've had for 3 years. Supposed to be having said jab on Tuesday. Also our children at playgroup have all had colds and most of them now seem to be walking snot factories :o . There's also a tummy bug doing the rounds and this morning one of our younger children (2yrs 9mths), filled her pullups, said nothing and just carried on playing. The smell alerted us and the fact that her pullups were falling down with the weight of what was in them. xD

Luckily my deputy dealt with it but we couldn't contact mum to come and collect her. Hopefully the rest of the children (or staff) won't suffer next week. :(

Mary

Same here, four absent children today, I have rung several parents this week to collect ill children and my son has been ill, when will it end,

We have chicken pox, throat virus, sickness and high temperature-type-headachey type thing!!

The children all look pale and pastey!

We either need a really hard frost / snow to kill off all the germs, or a holiday, I know which one I would choose :o

Lets hope all the germs die off during half term and we all, including the children have a great second half of spring term.

Peggy

p.s. Loved it today when I sneezed a little girl said "Bless you", we have been working on her language development to string 2 words together.

WOW, I have one child off with chicken pox, as I only have maximum 15 in, I hope my percentage of absences aren't as high as yours or I will be Peggy no mates for the day :o

Peggy

Oh no - it appears I'm going to be off tomorrow as well. Hoping to return Tuesday but I'm determined to only go in when I'm fully better, as I've been knocked for 6 this time. Have been in bed for a total of 4 1/2 days already.

So glad I've got wireless Internet - and can access the forum from bed!

We have chicken pox too and only had 16 children in the nursery on Friday afternoon out of 30, we already had some children off with it and by lunchtime we had sent home a record 8 children