Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Would You Class As.....

beth1

ICT Software application package in early years? :o

I am study Foundation Degree Early Years course and this is part of a module. xD We have to give a presentation of a software package in early years. Ummmm I may be having fun if I end up working in a baby room or in creches! :(

TIA

Beth

Not sure this will be any help (and certainly won't be if you end up in a baby unit :o ), but one thing we have (uuhhmmmmm - think it's a software package!!!!) is '2 simple'. This allows children to paint, draw and 'write', make simple graphs and do a directional thingy-type-things ...logo? Another popular one is 'Mouse in the House'.

What kind of presentation do you have to do? Are you evaluating a package and its use in early years?

Hi I have no idea what or should I say how we are going to do the presentation. My friend and I spoke about it we think that it is more aimed at schools not the PVI sector.

I could see alot of us are going to struggle to complete this task:

1) the tutor we have is not very good althought I would love to see them teach children just for a laugh!

2) Most of us work in the PVI sector i.e. DN, playgroups etc who dont really have a lot of access to computer software.

So in all this module work is going to be fun espically if I end up working in a creches (no computers) or in a baby room as leader (well I will have to ask to do my work in preschool just for a couple of hours)

Beth

We use 2Simple as well as LOTS of others - will check tomorrow and report back on our resources. ICT has a very high profile in our setting, also DN! The pre-school I used to run had daily use of a computer with some varied basic software (5 years ago) and we have a computer being installed in our Toddler room.

Sue

Our children use the computor alongside our digital camera, so the software would be the photosuite plus the media player which we use to view slideshows of photo's.

We also use powerpoint for slideshows to go with songs. :D

Every child has a CD full of photo's which they take home to look at and add photo's from home to share with us at preschool. The children may not actually download the pictures but they still benefit from the software in terms of 'sense of community' etc etc.

Our youngest children also enjoy watching the 'visual sound patterns' linked to rhythmn and sound whilst the media player is on. :D

Peggy

The really good programs I was thinking of are the 'Leaps and Bounds' series. One we were given to assess for last year's Practical Preschool Awards was 'Here's Splodge' - this went down a storm with the children!

Sue

Hi Beth

You can find ideas for progression in ICT in the Foundation Stage here - it gives examples for different areas of learning through the stepping stones.

Hope you find it useful :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)