Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Some Advice

beth1

Please help I need some advice. :o

I want to attend the teaching exbition on Friday 27 April in Manchester for a couple of siminars that look really good and link in with my Foundation Degree course. They are cheaper than normal at the moment and I thought I would take advange of this(runs out on 16 feb). :) Also last year I attend it too but not the seminars as they were all booked up early. :(

The problem is that I am not working full time at the moment and still looking for a job. xD

If I register for them on that Friday what should I say to propective employers? :(

And would it look good that I am doing some useful CPD courses related to early years? :(

AGGGHHHH I dont want to miss out on them again. Ooh it soo anoying when I haven't got a job and when I will get back into working with young children. Now where is that job no doubt its hiding somewere. Life would be soo simple with a job.

TIA

Beth

Agree with the others - new employers have to honour any days off that are booked, so you can tell them (if you are offered a position) that you will be needing that day off.

The exhibition does run on Saturday as well, with most of the seminars being repeated, but I guess that depends on plans for the weekend!

I would highly recommend any of the seminars by Alice Sharp or Linda Thornton and Pat Brunton - all are excellent speakers and have heaps of experience to share.