Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can I Pick Your Brains....

Hi

One of my assignments is on behaviour, 1500 to 2000 words.

We have to select an inappropriate behaviour in the setting we would like to analyse.

My first thought was a little boy who 'head bangs' through frustration.

We have to analyse the ways in which the behaviour could have been learnt/reinforced and influences on this behaviour, which i think i am ok with... xD and also explore strategies to modify this unwanted behaviour, which we do at work anyway....

but we also have to show clear links to theory... :o i have read lots on theorists etc but none are jumping at me regarding 'head banging'

any thoughts, suggestions would be great and i look forward to all you lovely people replying :D

Thanks in advance, cause i'm feeling a bit dumb :( and wish i hadn't started FDEY but will keep going and going and going.....

Jo

what do you mean 'feeling dumb' joanne?, you are two thirds there already. If not further because you know where to ask to resource your query. :o

Interesting example which I am sure your tutor will appreciatte as a fresh view of unwanted behaviour different from the usual tantrums, snatching, kicking, spitting, throwing etc etc.

You go girl :D

peggy

Thanks for links Kermit, i have saved them, so i can spend more time reading them later....

Peggy, i dont want to go with the usual behaviour and as this is a problem in the setting feel it will help the child in the long run...but it seems easier to put other behaviour to theorists.... :o i will keep plodding on.... :wacko:

any more links, ideas, suggestions would be lovely :D

or if there is anyone out there that would like to write assignment for me, even better xD:(:(:(

Jo

found this, not theorists ( will keep looking - avaidong other work :o )

head banging

Peggy

another, identifies theorists Bakwin & Bakwin.

HERE

Peggy

and another one, a syndrome I haven't heard of before called Cri Du Chat.

HERE

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)