Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teachers' Laptops

Our school is writing an acceptable use policy for teachers' laptops and are considereing stipulating that they are only to be used for school work (ie not this!). I had understood that the scheme provided laptops for personal and professional use. Anyone any experience of this? :o

As far as I know they can be used by the teacher for what ever use but that they ultimately belong to the school. I definitely think that coming on this forum is for professional use. I have found out more from here to support my role as a nursery teacher than in any other place. i would say that in a policy it should say that they are not to be used for anything illegal.

Just my opinion

Sue

This a direct quote from the BECTA site about the 'Laptops for Teachers Scheme'

"The Laptops for Teachers (LfT) initiative was a programme from the DfES and Becta, which provided teachers with laptop computers for use at home and school. "

I would suggest that membership of a forum such as this would be considered to support your teaching.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)