Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nurture Groups In Reception

I am SENCo in a large Primary School. I plan to commence a Nurture Group for a group of Reception Pupils with a range of behavioural and emotional difficulties. We have more than usual this year.

Has anyone done similar. If so could they advise on resources programmes? I plan to use SEAL and Persona Doll plus a range of games, toys and activities. I see the group commencing with Circle Time followed by a game or activity. I may even use parachute games etc.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks!

We had a nurture group at our nursery last year - it ran along very similar lines to the ones that you suggest. We had a maximum of five children in the group at any one time and concentrated very much on PSE skills with circle and small group activities and a snack time. We borrowed the sensory box of resources from our local toy library for a few weeks and that went down really well. Good luck, I think it's a really good initiative.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)