Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby Baskets

Has anyone bought any of these brilliant "Dog" baskets for babies and where did you get them from? They are dog baskets but have been lined out for babies sleeping.

There is a company that makes sleeping units with 'baskets' underneath that the children crawl into and then has beds (like cabin beds) on top for older children to sleep. I think they have been advertised in Nursery World, but can't find them after searching the internet.

I think the 'dog basket' is a great idea - children recognise their own sleeping patterns or just feel like having a rest and take themselves off to a basket with their own picture/blanket on (to avoid cross infection)

I've seen it in action and after the initial shock of babies in dog baskets (!) it really works! I'll have another look for the company...

Don't they use those sorts of sleeping baskets in Reggio?

We recently had a presentation at Uni and I am pretty sure they use that type of arrangement?

We have a wicker dog basket, not sure where it came from, possibly a pet shop, charity shop or boot fayre or parent donation :o

It is quite large and the children use it in preschool to keep all the beanie type small cuddly toys in, as a cot for the baby dolls and was used as a 'pet' basket during a recent pet role play initiated by the children. :D

I like it because it is made from natural materials and feels nice to touch and it is sturdy and robust. It would be big enough for a real baby. if I remember I'll attach a pic.

Peggy

Staff were mortified when I first suggested that we have dog baskets in the new baby room but having seen photographs of them fell in love and want them but just cannot find them on internet.