Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh Lordy - Here They Come!

Well the head had the phone call this morning, they are coming on Tuesaday and wednesday! xD Well that's my weekend taken care of - good thing my sons football was cancelled!! :D

I know my team are great and Reception/Key Stage 1 will be fine. The new deputy has KS2 under control too. we are an improving school too. My only nerves are about my SENCo role which I started in September. Still a few days to worry about that! :o

Liz x

Best wishes Liz, I am sure they will take into account that your Senco role is relatively new. Like others have said, try not to spend ALL weekend preparing, have some relax ( as best you can) time too :D:o

Peggy

Well they've been and gone! We are a 2! A good school that is improving still! 2 years ago we would have been put into special measures/serious weaknesses and we have had 2 years of sheer bloody hard work which has finally paid off and been recognised! xD

As a FS leader, the foundation stage is well managed and the children make good progress and we have a strong team. :D I can't describe how I feel now, think it needs time to sink in but it has been fabulous. I had to sit with the chief inspector and show him how low the baselines are when the children join us to show how much progress they make, value added by year 6.

As a SENCo I wasn't even interviewed but the SEN and other vunerable groups make good progress too, sometimes better than other children!! :(

The whole process was such a positive one, they worked from our SEF and were here to 'leave on a positive note'. They were very approachable and understanding, working with us and supporting everyone. I'd even go so far as to say it was (almost) enjoyable! :o

I took the decision to cancel my literacy lesson yesterday morning because it had snowed (as I would normally) and take the children out and have a bit of awe and wonder in the garden. He praised that and said he admired teachers that 'take risks' and that it was a good example of providing a good curriculum for our children. Yahoo!

We all went to the pub last night to celebrate and the children are all having a playing day today, think I will catch up on all my sleep this weekend, I haven't seen the good side of 1am for a week. Thank you guys for all your support it meant a lot and saw me through the week! :)

Liz x