Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transfer Records

Hi, Can anyone give examples of the types of information people include in their transfer records? Have lots of info, but not sure if it's relevant or what the next provider will expect!! What would information would you expect to see about a child.... :o

Thanks

Sharpy

Hi there, may I say hello and welcome as I haven't come across you before!

I would think some indication of where the child is against the FS as well as a bit of background about their experience in the setting - how they settled, special interests etc would be good. We send a progress document that records their whole experience with us. As we are a DN this can be from babyhood! We include all reports, developmental charts etc over the years, so the new setting receives a very comprehensive picture. It is given to the parents when their child leaves to pass onto the new setting - that way they can make a copy if they wish.

Sue

What sort of setting are you? Do your children move on to a virety of other providers or schools or mainly just one? Would it be worth setting up a meeting with the provdiers that you transfer records to, to find out what sort of info they would find most useful?

Yes, Wolfie, that's very good advice! Can't think why I forgot that - advancing years, maybe..... :o

We try to meet with the reception teachers we feed to termly (when we can - liaise otherwise) so we are more 'in-sync', as it were. It's what's built the current package, although it's just been tweaked a bit to suit.

Sue

Welcome from me too sharpy :D

Resource library

I have included an example of the format we use in the resource library, click on link, scoll down and click on download file. Hope its useful for some ideas. As others have said, talking to recipiants is a good idea. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)