Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Hungry Caterpillar

We are doing this book next week and i am looking for something to do which is a bit different for a literacy activity. We have dne lots of sequencing so i am trying to steer clear of that sort of thing. Children are aged 4 and 5

Thanks

Guest tinkerbell

I saw this idea in a school

The children cut out circles of geen and attach each circle in a dififferent way to make a caterpillar

cellotape

staple

hole punch then use ;

treasury tags

split pins

pipe cleaners

wool

plastic bag ties

they looked quite effective and the children were obviously learning skills of fastening.

Tinkerbellx

Edited by tinkerbell

Could you ask the children what they would eat their way through and write a class story related to the text. Then do lots of lovely art work to illustrate their 'book' ?

What about making fruit and veg kebabs after a tasting session so each child gets to choose their favourites.

Or use the idea of circles to make a caterpillar and use it for word building in phonics.

:)

We once made our own version about a very thirsty caterpillar - shared / guided writing session. Follow the format of the book but change foods for drinks!

Hi, I've attached an activity plan and some extras. Get your laminator ready x

oops some of the fonts have changed on opening, sorry you will have to change to your preferred font

Caterpillar_Music_and_Movement_Story.doc

My_name_is_caterpillars.doc

Activity_Plan.doc

Book_Cover.doc

caterpillar_C_.pdf

Story_Sequencing.doc

Hungry_Caterpillar_Sequencing_with_words.ppt

life_cycle_cut_and_stick.pdf

Words.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)