Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Certificates

Can I ask - how long have people had to wait to receive their NVQ3 certificate (or any other from CACHE) after completing their course. AND, at what point is someone deemed 'qualified'.

I was under the impression that I became 'qualified' at the point the verifyer deemed my work 'good' and requested CACHE create a certificate for me?

I ask this question because I completed my NVQ3 (Early Years Care & Ed) course in June.

All my units and Admin file were checked by my assessor and then, on 21st June, handed in my presence to the internal verifyer. I was told by my assessor that it would take approx 2 weeks for the verifyer to read through and then approx 2 weeks until I received my certificate.

Allowing for holidays etc I waited a generous 8 weeks and then starting calling my assessor to chase up my certificate who told me that i was qualified. I subsequently accepted a new job informing them that i was qualified and that i was only awaiting receipt of my certificate.

Having now received the certificate, it states that I qualified in October 2006!

All comments/knowledge very welcome

Patricia

x

I waited about 10 weeks for mine, had to get shirty with them in the end, as I twice took time off from work to collect it, to be turned away as my Assessor was busy and as they didn't know who I was they couldn't let me take it. Fair enough, I suppose, but on both occasions the time had been arranged between me and Assessor, who should have made sure she was either available or someone could deal with it for her! In the end she delivered it to me at work - hah!

I believe it had something to do with funding - I completed just at the end of a funding round and am convinced they entered me as a student for the 'bums on seats' money in the next round, thus delaying my cert - or am I just jaded?

Sue

Just to update you - had a response from my assessor confirming that although my work was handed in in june it 'disappeared' and was not verifyed until 'found' in September, hence the October qualification date, they've apologised but I'm just stuck with October on my certificate now.

Oh well, move on hey!

Thanks for the responses.

Patricia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)