Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Challenging More Able Pupils

Hi Happy new Year to all,

just wondering if anyone knows of any publications or materials that would be helpful when planning for more able children in reception. I have 2 very able children and Im quickly running out of ideas of activities to plan for them. I have been on standards site and only found 'challenging pupils in KS1 for maths' I am probably just hopeless at searching on that site as I never find anything. If anyone has any ideas I'd grately appreciate them :D

kat xx

Happy new year to you too Kat, just catching up on forum news - back to work tomorrow (aargh!). I've found this link which may/may not help: http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/database/able.html

I did hear that there was going to be something called 'Bright sparks in the early years' as a guide to teaching able/gifted but have searched this and it doesn't seem to be a relevant link, only an award scheme, unless it's not an active thing yet - maybe someone else might be wiser!!

PS the new froggy avatar resembles me showing my fatter tummy after eating so much over Christmas and New Year!!!

Edited by Guest

Guest tinkerbell

hi kat

Just reading through some literacy /poetry stuff i am going to work from this term.downloaded from Primary framework site and they suggest

www.nc.net/gt/general/05 environment.htm

Don't know if it is of any use?

Tinkerbellx

Wll that web site doesnt work

Why do they do this???supposed to be a brand new framework :o

Sorry

Tinkerbell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)