Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Lights

Attached are some pics of our street with houses adorned with christmas lights.

Camera without flash, really weird pics, camera with flash lots of white dots ( not shown)

So any digital camera experts know how best to photograph lights in the dark???

Last night we had a power failure in our street, the power supply was reduced drastically, setting off our trip switches. We turned all our xmas lights off, got power again, only for it to go off within a few minutes. We have some outside lights plugged in in the garage, went to check there and smelt an awful sulpher type odour, xD

56 other houses in our area also without power, or diminished power. Only option, turn everything off and go up the pub ( like I need an excuse :( )

Anyway, returned home and still low power. Today through powers of deduction we found out that our fridge freezer ( stored in the garage) is faulty, thus tripping our switches. Now the questions are;

Were we responsible for last nights black out? or

is the local electricity board trying to tell our street not to have so many external lights? :o:(

Peggy

post-3604-1166980134_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1166980167_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1166980199_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1166980226_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics Peggy - there are alot of lights! No wonder your power supplier is having trouble - hope you can cook your turkey alright tomorrow! HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

My visiting photographic expert :o tell me that you need a tripod and a long exposure and a remote release so that you don't shake the camera when switching on or set the self-temer first and then the camera will stop moving before it takes the photograph. there you go1

As to your electricity failure- 'give up and go to the pub' sounds like my sort of solution.