Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vision Statements

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share their school's vision statement or share any good ones they know of. We're thinking of changing ours and it would be useful to have some inspiration! Thank you.

Thanks Kermit. You're really good at finding stuff, aren't you? I always think of you as the resident internet search expert ( :P) and always like looking at the stuff you find! I take your point about whether it's a child-friendly or adult version that's wanted. I couldn't work out why I didn't much like any of the ones I've found on the internet today and after your comment I think it must be because the ones I've found are very wordy and quite pompous - obviously adult friendly!

I did, though, find a site that shows you how to go about creating a vision statement:

(link removed by Lauren - site it was linking to has potentially been hacked)

Thanks for your help. :)

Hi Moose, cant help much but perhaps you need to consider

Whats wrong with the one you have or why do you need to change it?

in order to formulate something better?

This should be a whole staff job though, shouldnt it?

Our vision statement has been in place for a long time - prior to lots of members of staff starting at the school. It is rather wooly and wordy and doesn't reflect the quite profound changes we have made in the last two years. We're going to review our vision statement, as a staff, at our next Inset and thought it might be useful to have some existing ones to inspire us - not to copy I hasten to add!

'We aim to provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment in which everyone has the desire to succeed.'

That is our mission statement, written together as a staff and governors. At the same time as we wrote this on the same INSET day we wrote our school aims, we need to change these soon in view of every child matters.

liz x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)