Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Written Information On Children

Please could you let me know how you give your parents access to written information on their child, such as observations, developmental information, achievements, etc?

We are looking at placing our keyworker files somewhere so that parents can come and look at them whenever they wish. I am certain that parents would never wish to look at another child's, but in theory, if we did this then they could pick up another child's and look inside, which would breach standard 12.5.

I have contacted Ofsted about this twice, but have had waffly answers both times.

Guest DeborahF

I never left individual children's files out anywhere where others could have a look at them -we had them all locked in a filing cabinet - but we made sure that all parents knew that they could have a look at their own child's file at any time, either by taking it home or by looking through it with their child's keyworker at a time that suited everyone.

Hi

I agree with DeborahF childrens folders can be quite sensitive we store all of their personal info in them and the Child protection forms, I always tell parents that files are kept under lock and key and aonly looked at by professionals or they can have access to them at anytime if they wish.

We have coffee mornings for the parents to have a look through the folders

Deb

Ours are under lock and key, but parents are informed at induction and reminded throughout that they have access if they would like to look at the records, and if they do we arrange a convenient time to discuss and chat about the content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)