Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Really Bad

I feel really fed up. We had one of our nativity performances today. We do ours as a FS/KS1 combined. It was lovely - the children did really well and looked beautiful. I could count, though, on one hand the number of parents who said they enjoyed it or 'thank you'. We provided all the costumes and only asked parents to find white socks or tights and a lot of them moaned about that, 'We haven't got any white socks' or 'Where can I get white socks from?' being typical refrains. I know we don't do it for the praise but still...

Plus not everyone comes and helps set up the staging/seating until I went and directly requested that they come and do it. Then one of them started whittering on about how she preferred the different backdrop and where had I put it. We'd already discussed last week how we couldn't find it and I'd arranged something else. I pointed out that if I knew where we'd put it it wouldn't be lost but she continued to go on about it. She then disappears off and finds the said backdrop at 8.55. I said that we wouldn't be using it as something else had been sorted out and the one she'd found was all screwed up. She continued to harangue me about it and I said, quite pointedly that we wouldn't be using it. Then she followed me into my classroom where parents are waiting and started on about it again. At this point a red mist descended and I spoke to her very sharply although I didn't shout. Feeling really bad because it was unprofessional in front of parents. Bloody hate my job today.

i think everyone here will sympathise with you! The amount of creative stuff I do with the children and I see it shoved into their little backpacks at the end of the day!!! I'm wanting to shout - be careful - you're crumpling a work of art!!! and I can't

Cheer up it's nearly holidays :D

Here Here, Sarah! You'll be ready for a well earned rest Moose.

Some people need to 'Get a life' (my favourite saying this last week or two - seems to fit every situation) If its any consolation there werent many 'thanks' after ours either and no-one helped put away the staging or seats after the evening performance, but scuttled off with their over tired offspring into the darkness. The miserable lot.

At least its over for another year x Have a lovely Christmas

Aww Moose I really feel for you!

This year our head has asked us to do 2 christmas performances, one as a Foundation stage with my reception class and the nursery am's and the other a KS1....sorry phase 1(!) performance (yrs1,2,and 3!) My FS have had NO hall time to practice as KS1 have had priority hence I've had all the children crammed into my room!!!

Its judgement day tomorrow, just hoping we've managed to pull it off...fingers crossed the lil darlings will be alright on the night...(well, morning!) :D

Catherine xxx

Poor you Moose but I bet the children enjoyed taking part because they did it so well.

Good luck to everyone else doing christmas performances. I personally would like to do away with them.We are practising and the children are all singing lovely but i guess on the day some will get stage fright and run off to their parents.During the morning i put on the nativity tape and give the children some props and they can do it without help. They also use the nativity small play figures and act it out. To me that is more beneficial and shows that they understand the true meaning rather than doing a "performance" for parents.