Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where Did All The Words......

beth1

Oh my word I have nearly 1300 word in my study task, were did they come from? I feel really pleased but I am starting to run out of words athough i can go to 2200 words if needed.

I still need to connect skinners operate condtioning to moral development and find info on Bandura social learning theory then a small section on Automoic nerviious system then a conclusion. AGGGHHH how I am going to fit all that in? EEEKK the cat (yet another old yorkshire saying I belive) Oh and a diagrame of how it all fits with behaviour.

I am over the moon!!!!

Then I will have a little rest before I start to do the Core skills for Fd portfolio, seen paper test sheet to write up and if I have time do a little bit on PDM1 oh what a fun christmas I will be having.

Beth

Thanks for sharing Beth, and here's me worried about getting all the handprint poems done by Friday. Certainly puts my workload into perspective. But I do guess you are really enjoying your studies. :D

Peggy

Guest tinkerbell

You sound to be having fun Beth.I need to get cracking on a piece of action research and have been reading up on parents and communication this evening.I am finding it hard to actually get started as I haven't done an'essay' for many years.

TinkerbellX

PS I'm in Halifax too

Hi Beth,

Know what you mean, I've got 2248 words and 2200 my absoult max and can't work out where to cut.

I've dropped ands, its, a, an etc also - / _ ' " and still can't make it less.

Little pointer if you don't know already, when you write a sentence a hyphen counts as a word, and if you write a word followed by a comma, the gap after the comma and b4 the next word also counts a s a word

eg

the cat sat on, the mat 6 words

The cat sat on,the mat 5 words

God I must be desperate

Net xx

Don't think mine does either Marion! The only thing we have been told to do is not write things like 'I' or 'My' in anything except boring reflective journals.

I've done both the presentations now for my assessment and this weekend I am going to concentrate on those journals and on my essay for the assessment which thankfully is only 1000 words, but out of that I have to evaluate policies and procedures and outside agencies. No allowances for going over so will be ripping my hair out tomorrow trying to fit it all in! Just got the exam to stress about in January (on the 2nd, can you believe it!) and that is the first module out of the way!

Can't believe how fast its gone....

My first module was handed in last week and I have another one to hand in on the 19th!!! A presentation to be prepared by 9th January and 3rd module by 16th January, don,t quite now how and when I am doing all this, all I can think about is being ready for Christmas and making sure the nursery celebrations go ok, oh and plan for the first week back in January!! :oxD:(

Whose idea was this degree course :(:(

Clare that early for an exam. Luckly we have one in the same room we are in now, on the 10 Jan 07 and that will be our first module done for us part timers. Full timers are struggling to get everything done on time, especally as they move the study task forward by a week. :o

Oh I must get on with it, its nearly done, yippeeeeee. What a bug bear its been, I just need to comment on the 'bilogigical' (sp)/ enviormental development and then a short conculsion. I am detemied to complite it by the end of tommorow night so I can spend some more time on other modules and the seen paper test. :wacko: xD

Are we mad to try and do a FDey course just to become senior practioners!!!!!1 :(:(:(

Beth

Yey I have completed my draft word processed study task YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Now all I need to do is:

edit the study task to complete by thursday,

start to write about behavour for seen test paper,

complete core skills for Fd portflolio,

for personal development and mangemenmt module evaluate:

teamwork

orgainisation

POLC model of mangemnet with planned activity

time aduit worksheets.

oh and fill out another application form.

boy I am going to be busy over christmas, just hope I get 2 weeks off.

Beth

Hi all

regarding presentations :rolleyes: i have just done my very first presentation (started FDEY in October this year, xD )

Although we passed - had to work in small groups (3 in my group)- we were told that we should of :-

introduced ourselves, even though everyone in the room knew who we were!

introduced the topic, whoops nerves got the better of us and we just went for it :(:(

and asked at the end if anyone had any questions

.... might be 'food for thought' if you are doing first time presentations, they seem really obvious things, but easily overlooked....

well just got to finish 1000 word health promotion then can relax over Christmas.... i've even done all my planning etc for new term :o after all ..tis the season to be jolly ...got to leave some spare time to eat, drink and be merry .... very merry..... :( :wacko: xD

Jo

Thanks Jo, I would of forgotton that, I am already worried sick about standing in front of 14 students! (my individual presentation is january 9th!!)

Give me a room full of 2-3year olds any day, adults are too scarey!! :oxD

Hi Shirel

I too was really worried, i know it doesn't help when people say 'oh you will be fine' but honestly it didn't seem too bad once i got going. We used powerpoint during our presentation and all did our own bit, the time seemed to fly, and it was over before we knew it.

All i kept telling myself was that everyone in the room was feeling the same way as me, (...even that one person who always seems to know everything, always has an opinion, always gets everything right... you know the type.... :oxD:( )

Try not to worry, i know its easier said then done :(

Jo

Well done every one keep up the hard work, Just think about the sence of achievement at the end of it all.

I hated presentations too, one tutor gave me a tip as a mental check list while doing the presentation

IDEAS

I - Introduction

D - Deliver presentation

E - Evaluate

A - Ask if there are any questions

S - Smile!

hope it helps

Happy Christmas and Dont let the stress of study and course work stop you relaxing over the Christmas break

Just though I would tell you that I handed in my study task today. Now over the weekend I need to complete my notes for the seen paper in Jan and a lesson plan for another module. :o

I will have a short rest then try to complete my Core Skills for FD portfolio boring!!!!!! :( Then write up my stuff for Personal Development and Mangament 1 module so far. Looks like I will be busy over christmas!! xD:(

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)