Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teachers In Children`s Centres

Can I ask how all those teachers who work in CC manage their holidays. I know teachers usually get 13 weeks a year but some teachers now also work in CC that are open 48/50 weeks a year.

Guest DeborahF

I have a 0.5 QTS post attched to a Children's Centre and I am emplyed on teacher's pay and conditions, i.e. work term time only.

hi

I'm on Soulbury and get 30 days a year at the moment - it's a bit unclear as to whether I have to take those days during school holidays. Hope that helps!

The Teacher based at our sister nursery works 2.5 days a week, term time only and is expected not to take time off outside school hols. My position is 'Teacher' in our nursery, something Ofsted have had no problems with. (it's obviously me that has the hang up!) As I'm an experienced NN I work 52 weeks. I do 3 days a week, 9 - 4, am expected to take hols outside of term time, but they are flexible, provided I don't take the michael! I get the pro rata equivalent of 4 weeks hol a year - supposed to have BHs, but in practice I end up doing 3 days anyway in those weeks :o

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)