Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

beth1

I'm in need of a vutural hug. xD I have now been told I may not get any funding for my course. I am 3 months into the course and dont want go give it up! :( I have learnt soo much. :D Oh why does it have to happen to me? I have had a very bad year this year, roll on 2007.

Right I need some help on how to increase my chances of employment that will fit in with my college course, I need a day off per week. :o

What are my best chances of gaining employement, should I write more spec letters stating qualis, day off, hours of work and explaining what the course means to the prospective employers? xD:( :rolleyes: :(

I am very lost and upset at the moment, :wacko: I just feel like leaving childcare for good, as it serves them right for not giving a well respected, entunticasic, experinced and qualifed level 3 nursery nurse. Everywhere I go on supply and my student placement tell me that I am an excellent nursery nurse! :D

Beth

oh Beth a big hug from me

We all have days like that. Why are they taking away your funding. what course is it your doing. Surely all childcare courses are funded these days the government is putting in money left right and centre. Are you doing it through a college or uni? Have a try tomorrow at getting in touch with your LEA or Sure start section there must be funding!!!!

As I can't remember what sorting of setting your in, can't they help?

Were you trying to get a job but having difficulty because you had to day release for your course. was that right?

It's a shame you are where you are. I'm in the South and we are crying out for staff down here that have just an atom of common sense, let alone some one who wants to study and better themselves.

sorry I can't be of more help but don't give up there are so few people in this business that want to make it better.

Good luck I hope things look better in the morning.

endorse all Steph has said, as you are so early in your course would OU or other distance learning model help, then you would be free to do full time hours.

Good luck.

Peggy

I work vountary in a primary schools FSU 2 days per week. I am also employed as a sure start worker with no hours a prensent hence 2 days per week in school. I am still trying to get a job in the PVI sector with no luck. :(xD

Yesterday I spoke to a woman at my local LEA Early Years Service who told me that I may not get funding for the course on the transformation fund. WellI applied for funding under the sure start fund because I am a sure start worker! :( But I may not be on the database to say where I am employed now e.g. Sure Start.

I also mentioned to her about my bad luck in getting jobs, she replied that it was strange as they all know that they need qualifed nursery nurses who are training on the FDey course to become EYPs! :o She also asked me when do I attend college and that should not hinder my job prospects at all, infact that should show that I am commited to fall in line with the govenments committments by 2010! I would be one of the few nursery nurses who will gain EYPs by 2010 in my local area as theres not been a big take up! :(

I dont want to do a OU course as I feel that attending college helps me to learn more. Also I cannot work full 40 hours per week due to medical reasons. Now on top of this they have suppended my Jobseekers Allowance because they don't like my current Learning Agreement I gave them and they didn't tell me that they were going to suspend payments until I get a new one tommorow at college.

I have also been told that there is a £600 bursery for FDey students given out by CDWC which should be given out by college, well thats news to me. Not sure that my college does this. I know Dewsbury College doesn't but Hudds Uni do! xD

Sorry didn't mean to be a long but I felt like a rant. Must now get on and do my study task! :wacko:

Beth