Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Father Christmas

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

Went to see Santa today. We took the grandchildren and queued for 2 hours to see him. it was a winter wonderland themed attraction and there was lots to look at while we waited. Jake aged 6 was very good, Millie at 21 mths was heard to say "don't like it" a couple of times and then she almost fell asleep as we reached the grotto. Santa was brilliant, he was a very gentle man and the children weren't scared although Millie did give him some old fashioned looks. The presents were good too, not cheap and nasty. Mind you it did cost £7 each for the children and £1 for the adults. It was a lovely morning, everyone waiting was friendly and there was even some Christmas singing going on. I'm starting to feel Christmassy now. :D:D

Mary

You've reminded me of a funny tale of a time I took my children to see Santa when they were little. We were queing at the grotto when a very tall santa popped out to hang up his 'gone to feed the reindeer sign' - So our children weren't disappointed, we enquired what time santa would be back, looked around the store to fill up time and rejoined the queue a bit later. My daughter's face when a 'vertically challenged' Santa appeared was a picture, she piped up 'How's Santa got so little?'. We didn't know what to say so told her he must have got squashed coming down the last chimney!!!

Edited by Guest