Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Sheets

Hello,

Does anyone else do activity sheets for all their adult focussed activities each week ? If you do.... what sections do you include. I've just one for this weeks language activity and it seems a bit short. I obviously don't want to make any more work but I'm not sure I'm making them detailed enough, what about you ?

Jo

Hi Jo

I noticed this post hadn't had any replies so thought I'd ask a couple of questions to get it going.

When you say activity sheets do you mean the activities you have planned for the children? I am assuming you don't mean sheets the children do?

If the former ours is as follows:

activity, where it will take place, how many children it will involve, the area of learning it will cover, stepping stones, equipment, method.

In the method we suggest the sort of questions children could be asked and how to go about the activity. But it is just that suggestions-this is as a guide only for staff and they all have their own way of approaching activities. As long as we have the same aims in mind then it is upto each individual staff member how they go about it.

We are going to change this slightly as what I want to do next term is have a main focus to an activity and then identify any other areas and stepping stones it will cover. Sometimes it's hard to put an activity into a particular area of learning as it covers so many.

Hope this helps and sparks some more replies.

Linda

My activity sheets consist of the learning goals I am addressing, a brief description of the activity, a list of resources and preparation thats needed, key questions and vocabulary, which children I'm targeting and then a small space at the bottom for evaluation. However, I'm not very consistant at filling them in. :o

Carol :)

Jo - on our activity plans we have:

Area(s) and Aspect(s) of Learning

Stepping Stone(s)

Activity (brief description)

Resources

Adult Role

Key Vocabulary

Differentiation

Evaluation of Activity

Hope this helps! :)

OOOOOOpppps

Does everyone plan in this way with individual activity sheets?

i have to plan using NNS and NLS weekly plans for the morings and then just have a weekly plan of activities for the afternoon. am i gonna get my wrists slapped it ofsted come a-visiting?

Help - having big doubts now!!!

Sarah

Sarah

Don't panic! I would think that it is mostly pre-schools and private day nurseries who plan in this way. Are you in reception? We don't have to have regard to NNS and NLS so I would think that how you plan is fine!

Linda

Panic over!!!

yes i am in reception - trying to do too many things at once and did not read it properly!!!

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)