Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toilet Policy!

Hi all

Just wanted to know has anyone had to write a toilet policy!

We are moving to temporary accommodation (a Church hall) for approx. 6 months after christmas while our new accommodation is being built. Ofsted came and checked it out but nearly didn't give the OK as we will only have one toilet and 19 children, she is only just allowing it providing we write a toilet policy :o We all think it's funny but of course it will be done just wondered had anyone else had to provide a toilet policy before! The best of it is we only have one toilet where we are now.

Not another policy!!! Please not another policy! Spent last night redesigning Permissions list to include 'allowing a child to sleep in buggy' cos a childminder was told she should have this on hers during an inspection.... If I have to do another policy I'll have to buy another folder cos mine is full... that'll mean a complete shelf rejig cos the folder shelf won't take any more folders....omg feel need for alcohol coming on!

:o Sarah x

I think this is something you may well have to thrash out on your own. :D Firstly you need to think about why the policy is needed and come up with a statement about the aim of the policy. Some sort of blurb about 'XXXXXXXX recognises that access to a toilet is a fundamental human right and necessary for good health and well being. Therefore, blah blah blah!' Then you need to think about how it is going to work in practice - 19 children and 1 toilet is an issue and needs to be managed effectively to ensure that children are not kept waiting when they are desperate. :o So how do you go about this at the moment? This is the skeleton for your policy - just a list of what you will do. Hey presto, there's your policy. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)